Frequently Asked Questions
Why should I join Who wants to lose a Million Pounds instead of one of the well-known weight loss programmes like Weight Watchers or Slimming World?
Other weight loss programmes use a different approach. They advise counting calories and calorie restriction. When you don’t eat enough food, you will lose weight. However, you need lots of will power and it makes you feel hungry and irritable. After you come off the diet, which most people do, all your weight goes back on.
With Who wants to lose a Million Pounds you learn to eat food that burns fat instead of storing it. There is no need to worry about calories; you think about nutrition instead. You do not eat food that gives you cravings for more food. Instead, you eat food that leaves you feeling satisfied.
Are there any rules I would have to follow?
Yes. Eat only when you are hungry and stop when you are full. Eat real food; food that comes from a farm or fisherman, not from a factory.
How much does it cost?
Individual Membership costs £5.99 per month. You can cancel your subscription at any time. If you are not satisfied, you can request a full refund during the first 7 days.
Are there any other types of membership?
Yes. There is a family membership costing £8.99 per month. The partner and children (under 18) of a family member can also be members for no extra charge. Each member of the family becomes a full member with their own Weight Loss Tracker. A full refund is available during the first 7 days.
How can you claim to improve my happiness as well as my weight and health?
- You would only join this group if you were unhappy about your weight or health. Whenever you take positive action to improve yourself it usually increases your feelings of wellbeing.
- Eating too much sugar causes violent mood swings as your blood glucose level peaks then troughs. This is likely to make you feel irritable, bad tempered and grumpy. People who cut out sugar say they feel much calmer and become more able to concentrate on what they are doing. In a recent study, people on a diet causing high blood glucose levels reported 55% more mood disturbance than those on a low blood glucose diet.
- After losing a significant amount of weight people tend to sleep much better. A good night’s sleep is essential to your mood, energy levels and mental health.
- Our brains need good nourishment to function at the optimum level. Our brains control our sense of happiness.
- When you are part of a group who are trying to achieve something significant, like lose a million pounds, you have a greater sense of self worth. Feeling good about yourself is one of the biggest factors in your sense of happiness.
Take responsibility for your weight, health and happiness
Click here to Choose your Membership Option